Join us for the annual Joy to the Ville festivities at the Paul J. Schupf Art Center, where we’ve teamed up with Waterville Creates, the Waterville Public Library, Maine Children’s Home, and the Children’s Discovery Museum to celebrate the enchanting spirit of the season. In addition to the following activities, you’ll have the opportunity to explore two fantastic exhibitions that will be on display throughout the day: the Holiday Bazaar at Ticonic Gallery + Studio and the mesmerizing Bill Morrison: Cycles and Loops at the Joan Dignam Smaltz Gallery of Art.
All activities are free and open to all!
All activities are located at the Paul J Schupf Art Center unless otherwise noted.
- 9:30 am Waterville Moves: Parent + Child free dance and movement for parents with kids 5 and under!
- 10:30 am Waterville Moves: All Ages free intergenerational dance and movement workshop
- 11–2 pm Hands-on mobile exhibits from the Children’s Discovery Museum
- 11–1 pm Custom Button Making at the Waterville Public Library
- 12 pm The Grinch on screen at the Maine Film Center
- 12–4 pm Create your own Luminary for the Winter Solstice with Colby College Museum of Art and Ticonic Gallery+ Studio
- 12–4 pm Friendship Bracelets with Maine Children’s Home
- 1–4 pm Visits with Santa in Kringleville and enjoy holiday music at Castonguay Square
- 1 pm Earth Jams music with Matt Loosigian at the Waterville Public Library
- 2–4 pm Diwali celebration and art making with students from the Colby College South Asian Association
- 7:30 pm The Glen Miller Orchestra at the Waterville Opera House
- Stay tuned for details on more activities with Best Buddies and others!